Primary Sports Funding
Purpose of funding:
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
We would expect indicators of such improvement to include:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
At St Michael's we aim to use this money to create a sustainable curriculum for all children. Therefore some of the money provided by the funding will be invested in the professional development of staff through the observastion of coaches. As a result, this should enhance the quality of teaching for all children. New planning and resourcing has been implemented to create a consistent approach to teaching P.E. across the school. As a result, the quality of children’s learning and development should be improved.